Want to bring about change in your local area?
Too many people with MS in the UK have to fight for the treatments, services, care and support they need. Sometimes it’s just a case of fighting for MS to be understood. Getting the right services and support often comes down to local decisions.
Campaigning comes in all shapes and sizes
Whatever action you take, it all makes a difference. Campaigning can be small actions like sending an email or a tweet, or a large scale campaign event like a protest or demonstration.
You might be starting out alone, or with your MS Society local group or alongside other campaigners.
We’re all taking local action together to make a difference.
Become a trained campaigner
Do you have a great idea to make change for people living with MS? We can support you to campaign and make it happen.
Being a campaigns volunteer means you can get support from us and other campaigners. And access training and support to get funding for your campaign.
Tools to make change
Whatever the issue you care about, there are lots of ways to bring about change.
Use our local campaigning toolkit to:
- gather evidence of the issue that you’re concerned about and how it’s affecting people with MS in your area
- get loud on social media or in your local press
- meet decision-makers face to face, or over the phone
Online local campaigning resources
We've created these online templates to make taking action easier. You can use these templates to contact decision makers and leaders in your area:
- Email your local political representative
- Tweet your local political representative
- Email your local councillors
- Email your local health leaders
- Get in touch with your local newspapers
Get in touch
Our campaigns teams are here to support you, whether you live in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. They can
- give you tools and advice to help you get started on your campaign
- let you know if there are other campaigners in your area
- or if progress has been made on the same issue elsewhere.