Campaign in your local area
Want to bring about change in your local area?
Too many people with MS in the UK have to fight for the treatments, services, care and support they need. Sometimes it’s just a case of fighting for MS to be understood. Getting the right services and support often comes down to local decisions.
Campaigning comes in all shapes and sizes
Whatever action you take, it all makes a difference. Campaigning can be small actions like sending an email or a tweet, or a large scale campaign event like a protest or demonstration.
You might be starting out alone, or with your MS Society local group or alongside other campaigners.
We’re all taking local action together to make a difference.
Tools to make change
Whatever the issue you care about, there’s lots of ways to bring about change.
Use our local campaigning toolkit to:
- gather evidence of the issue that you’re concerned about and how it’s affecting people with MS in your area
- get loud on social media or in your local press
- meet decision-makers face to face, or over the phone,
- and much more!
Downloadable local campaigning resources
Online local campaigning resources
- Email your local political representative
- Tweet your local political representative
- Email your local councillors
- Email your local health leaders
- Get in touch with your local newspapers
Get in touch
Our campaigns teams are here to support you, whether you live in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
They can help you get started on your campaign and give you the tools and advice to make a difference in your area. They can also let you know if there’s other campaigners in your area, or progress that’s been made on the same issue elsewhere.