We've joined 31 charities, Royal Colleges and other organisations to call on everyone to pledge to take 5 steps to keep each other safe from COVID-19.
In response to the Omicron variant and high rates of COVID-19, all UK governments have reviewed their guidance for staying safe, including the 'Plan B' measures in England. And they're speeding up the vaccine booster programme too.
But not everyone has had their primary doses or booster jab yet, and for some people, their immune systems still make them vulnerable to infection.
5 steps to keep each other safe
The campaign, led by the NHS Confederation, ‘Not Too Much To Mask’ asks us to keep ourselves and others safe by:
- Wearing a face mask or covering, if not exempt, including where not wearing one could make someone feel unsafe
- Doing what we can to keep indoor spaces well ventilated and opting for meeting outdoors, where possible
- Cleaning our hands regularly, including before and after social contact with those outside our household
- Getting tested, supporting contact-tracing measures and self-isolating, when required
- Making sure we get the coronavirus vaccine, including boosters and third doses when advised. And encouraging people we know to do the same
Pledge your support
Help spread the word by taking the pledge on social media using #NotToMuchToMask