We're joining 31 charities, Royal Colleges and other organisations to call on everyone to pledge to take 5 steps to keep each other safe from COVID-19.
The remaining lockdown restrictions in England have lifted and legal requirements around wearing face masks and social distancing have been removed. But not everyone has received two doses of the vaccine yet and for some, their immune systems still make them vulnerable to infection.
5 steps to keep each other safe
The campaign, led by NHS Confederation, ‘Not Too Much To Mask’ asks the public to help keep them safe by:
- Wearing a face mask or covering, if not exempt, including where not wearing one could make someone feel unsafe.
- Doing what they can to keep indoor spaces well ventilated and opting for meeting outdoors, where possible.
- Cleaning their hands regularly, including before and after social contact with those outside their household.
- Getting tested, supporting contact-tracing measures and self-isolating, when required.
- Making sure they get both doses of the coronavirus vaccine when asked and that they encourage people they know to do the same.
Pledge your support
Help spread the word by taking the pledge on social media using #NotToMuchToMask