Fundraising events and coronavirus
The coronavirus outbreak continues to have a big impact on our fundraising events.
Things are still changing all the time, and as we get new information we’ll update you with any changes to events
Below are answers to some of the most asked questions.
1. Which events have been affected by the pandemic?
- The 2021 London Marathon will take place on Sunday 3 October
- Brighton Marathon is postponed until Sunday 12 September 2021
- Manchester Marathon is postponed until Sunday 10 October 2021
- London Landmarks Half Marathon is postponed until 1 August 2021
- Edinburgh Marathon festival is postponed until 29 and Sunday 30 May 2021
- All Kiltwalks have been cancelled in 2020
- Forth Rail Bridge Abseil has been cancelled in 2020
- Zip it to stop MS has been cancelled
- 10in10 or 5in5 Challenge is postponed until Saturday 19 June 2021
- Zipslide Zinger has been cancelled in 2021
- Berlin Marathon is postponed until Sunday 26 September 2021
- Prudential RideLondon is cancelled
- Cardiff Half Marathon has been postponed until Sunday 3 October 2021
- Great North Run is postponed until Sunday 12 September 2021
- MS Walk Bristol is cancelled
- MS Walk Manchester is cancelled
- Royal Parks Half Marathon is postponed until 10 October 2021
- South Coast Challenge is cancelled
- Thames Path Challenge is cancelled
- Thames Bridges Trek is cancelled
We're continuing to follow government advice and monitoring the situation carefully. We're also working with our partners and taking advice from Public Health England and equivalent bodies in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
If any other events are affected, we’ll be in contact with you directly as soon as possible.
2. Can I get a refund of my registration fee and sponsorship if my event is cancelled or postponed as a result of coronavirus?
We're sorry but we can't refund registration fees (see our terms and conditions).
As a charity, we'd be incredibly grateful if you donated the sponsorship money you've raised to us. These events form a large part of our fundraising efforts. However, we do understand if you feel a refund is required. Please contact our Community and Events Team who'll make the arrangements for you on [email protected] or 01382 279 378.
3. If my event is cancelled and I still want to donate my fundraising is that ok?
Yes, thank you so much! As a charity, we sincerely appreciate your continued support and it would be wonderful if you could still make your donation.
Your support helps us provide information and services to people living with MS. And fund millions of pounds of MS research each year, to help achieve our mission to stop MS. Thank you.
4. I'm holding my own fundraising activity/event, do I need to cancel it?
Our priority is the health and welfare of all our supporters, volunteers and donors. If you're running you're own event, please follow government guidance on social distancing and protecting vulnerable people.
If your fundraising activity is something that you can still do with some adjustments, please do! It’s vital that at this challenging time we continue to support the MS community. This might mean doing a challenge remotely, or holding your event online with friends and family. You may also be able to postpone your activity or event until later in the year. If you choose to do so, please do let us know.
If you need help, please email [email protected] or call 01382 279 378.
5. I can't do my planned event, but I still want to help stop MS. What can I do?
Thank you! There are loads of ways you can fundraise to stop MS, but please make sure you do this in a safe way and follow government advice.
Thank you again for all your support, we really appreciate it. You can read our information about staying safe with the coronavirus here.
6. I have more questions about my event, who do I contact?
You can contact our Community and Events Team on [email protected] or 01382 279 378.
If you have questions about your own event, email [email protected] or call 01382 279 378.
We’ll also be updating our website event pages with new information as soon as we can.