Fundraising at home
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, lots of us have been forced to stay home. But MS doesn't stop for anything, so neither can our fundraising. More than ever, we need your help to raise vital money to support everyone affected by MS.
Luckily, there are loads of ways you can raise money for us without leaving your home. And we're here to support you every step of the way, with ideas, encouragement and advice. Whatever you decide, please remember to follow the latest government advice and do it safely.
Tools for home fundraising
- Set up a JustGiving page so people can donate or sponsor your activity
- Use Facebook or YouTube to live stream your events
- Use Zoom, Houseparty or Skype for activities where you want lots of people to join in by video
- For direct donations, use our donation page.
Ideas for online fundraising events
Even if you can’t get together in person, you can still run fundraising events from the comfort of your own home. And there’s something to suit everyone! Here are just some ideas you can try:
- Host a virtual cake bake for our national Cake Break Day on Friday 26 June, or at time that suits you. Bake at home, set a time and join online with friends and family to enjoy your virtual cake break together.
- Organise a virtual dinner party or family ‘Come Dine With Me’ from home. Invite your guests to meet online, decide on theme, write your menus and have some fun. Donate what you would have paid at a restaurant.
- Create a virtual band, choir or sing group and ask friends and family to donate to watch your online performance.
- Run a virtual pub quiz and share it with your friends and family.
- Take on a virtual challenge like a virtual run, cycle or walk from home. Ask your friends and family to sponsor you and use a fitness app like Strava to share your progress. If you were doing a challenge that’s now been postponed, do it in a different way but at same time. Let us know what you've done and we’ll send you a medal!
- Put your gaming skills to the ultimate test with a gaming marathon. Create a fundraising page then set a date for your mega gaming session. Stream your gaming marathon on a platform like Twitch and get sponsored.
- To shave or grow it….you decide. Struggling to get to hairdresser or barbers just now? Or perhaps you just want to let things go by testing your true facial hair growing abilities! Then why don’t you shave your head or grow a special beard over the coming months. Live stream your head shave on Facebook, or share pictures of growing facial fuzz on Instagram, and ask friend and family to sponsor your efforts.
Other ways to fundraise from home
It's not just online events, there are other ways you can fundraise from home:
- Big Spring clear out. Use your extra time at home to have a clear out. Put your best items on eBay and donate your proceeds to help people with MS. Or you could put some items aside for a future car boot sale, or donate to a MS Shop when the time is right.
- Give in celebration. If you're having a birthday, wedding anniversary or other celebration, ask people to make a donation rather than sending a gift. They could even donate the money they’re saving by not travelling to see you in person.
- Share a skill. Share a skill, hack or create an online ‘make’ to entertain children. Video your talent on your phone, share and ask for a donation.
- Donate what you've saved. Pass on the savings you might be making by not travelling to work, or buying your morning coffee.
How we can support you
Remember, your local Area Fundraising Manager can also provide more inspiration and suggestions too. All you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org, and they'll give you all the help you need.
Want more help right now? Check out our top tips for fundraising.
Make a donation
Help us be there for everyone with MS
£10could pay for two phone conversations with a trained member of our new Keep In Touch team
£20could pay for our MS Helpline team to answer a call or message from someone who needs our help
£65could pay for someone with MS to have a session with our Benefits Adviser to help them get the support they need
Every penny you give us helps us be there for someone affected by MS.
£10a month could help cover the cost of a MS Helpline call with our specialist MS Nurse
£20a month could help people with MS get vital support from our Benefits Advisor
£30a month for a year could pay for a day on the MS Helpline, helping people in our MS community
Your regular donation means we can be there for everyone with MS. So no one has to face this pandemic alone.