Our Volunteer Impact Awards are one way that we recognise the commitment, achievements, and successes of our volunteers.
The awards shine a spotlight on our volunteers’ amazing contributions and the impact they have on people affected by MS. The awards culminate in a star-studded annual event, that’s live streamed across the UK!
How we choose our winners
Nominations are made by service users, volunteers and staff. These are then assessed quarterly by our panel, made up of experienced volunteers from a variety of roles across the MS Society. For our Volunteer Impact Awards event, the panel selects an overall winner and runners-up from each of our six impact categories.
Our winners are announced at the annual ceremony by special guests. This year our host for the event was the brilliant comedian and Ambassador, Ivo Graham!
Fellow Ambassador and judging panel member, Trishna Bharadia, tells us what she enjoys most about being involved:
As with every year, it's hearing the stories behind the nominations and learning more about all the wonderful work that volunteers are doing for the MS community. It never fails to put a smile on my face, uplift and inspire me!
Congratulations to all our 2023 finalists and winners!
Watch this year's Award Ceremony on YouTube
Supporting and Empowering
- Ann Read (Finance Volunteer, Scunthorpe Group)
- Tony Cardis (Group Coordinator, York, Ryedale and District Group)
- Phoebe Day from Winchester
- Amy Hinds from Dartford
- Simone Bell from Dudley
Sharing Skills and Expertise
- Stuart Secker from Surrey
- Terri Attwood (Group Coordinator, East Cumbria Group)
- Sabrina Fox (Group Coordinator, Scunthorpe Group)
- Geraldine Cowe (Fundraising Events Volunteer, Sutton Group)
- Frank Matthews (Fundraising Volunteer, Hastings and Rother Group)
- Stuart Dawson from Dorset
- Nikoma Bell from Dudley
- Siobhan O’Hanlon from Omagh