MS and your emotions: understanding and dealing with your feelings
Depression and emotional symptoms of MS often go undiagnosed. The fact of having MS can be a cause of low mood or depression, and sometimes MS itself can physically cause it.
There are many therapies available to understand, treat and manage these symptoms. This booklet covers:
- causes of mood changes in people with MS
- understanding emotional and psychological reactions to MS
- understanding grief about adapting to life with MS
- understanding feelings of guilt
- dealing with stress and anxiety
- the emotional impact of MS on the family
- talking therapies
- other emotional and psychological symptoms
- behavioural symptoms
How to order information resources
You can order a copy of any of our printed booklets and DVDs direct from the MS Society online shop.
For large print versions, bulk order requests (branches and health or social care professionals only) and any other questions, please contact us: [email protected] 020 8438 0999