Photo: Man with MS sat in garden

About social care

If you or someone you care for has MS, you may be able to get support and services that help you lead an active and independent life.

Read the latest information about care and support and coronavirus COVID-19

Social care is the support you can get outside of the Health Service (NHS). It's provided by your local council (or health and social care trust in Northern Ireland). It can include information and advice, equipment, someone to help you in your home, residential care and support for carers.

Social care services are changing. There's much more focus on offering people more of a say in the support they need.

Find out more