Photo: Woman with MS in a wheelchair talking to her family

Disability Living Allowance

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people of working age.

If you're making a new claim, you live anywhere in the UK and you're also aged between 16 and 64, you'll need to apply for PIP rather than DLA.

> Read more about PIP

If you want to claim for a child under 16 years old, you can still claim DLA - you may find the Disability Rights UK factsheet helpful.

The information on this page aims to answer some of the questions that people who currently receive DLA may have.

Find out more about DLA