Questions about MS? Call us on 0808 800 8000

Claiming disability allowance (booklet)

For people aged 16 to 64 it's no longer possible to make a new claim for Disability Living Allowance (DLA). This benefit has now been replaced in all parts of the UK by Personal Independence Payment (PIP). DLA can still be claimed by children with a disability under 16.

For information about claiming PIP see our booklet Claiming Personal Independence Payment.

For information about changing from DLA to PIP see our factsheet Changing from DLA to PIP.

To make a claim for a child under 16 you may find the Disability Rights UK factsheet helpful.

How to order information resources 

> Order from our online shop

> Email us to request a large print copy or make a bulk order

> Call us on 020 8438 0999 if you have any questions