My MS My Needs
My MS My Needs is the largest survey of people with MS in the UK.
Over 10,000 people responded to the first survey in 2013, revealing a postcode lottery of treatment and care.
Since then, the survey has run every three years. Alongside this our friends and family survey helps us understand the priorities of the wider MS community.
The results are invaluable for our campaigning work. They've guided our organisational strategy and priorities. And they’ve been key to opening up conversations with decision makers in national government and local services about the things that matter to people with MS.
Take part in our surveys
Our My MS My Needs survey and Family and Friends survey are now both open.
My MS My Needs
If you have MS, complete our My MS My Needs survey online on the UK MS Register page.
Family and Friends
If you have family or friends with MS, complete our Friends and Family survey online on our Alchemer page.
You can help us promote the surveys so we can hear from as many people as possible. Download our flyers (including how to get language help), posters and example social media messages.
Download our My MS My Needs promotional materials
The impact of My MS My Needs
A huge thank you to everyone who's responded to our surveys. Here are examples of just some of the things you've helped achieve:
- an All Party Parliamentary Group report on employment, which was used to influence legislation
- a clear case for increased social care funding for younger people living with a long term condition
- informed a major review of health and social care in Wales
- leveraged critical meetings with policy makers, for example on NHS England’s framework for how DMT treatment decisions are made
- helped raise funds for our MS Active Together service
- influenced local health services, to get more MS specialist support.