The Multiple Sclerosis Society is a registered charity (charity number 1139257) with its registered office at 372 Edgware Road, London NW2 8ND (“us”, “we”, ”our” or the “MS Society”) with the objects of:
- funding and promoting research into finding the cause of and cure for Multiple Sclerosis (“MS”), and improving care for people affected by MS;
- producing up to date, accurate and accessible information on MS issues, tailored to meet the needs of people affected by MS;
- providing support to all people affected by MS;
- raising standards of care for all people living with MS; and
- leading the MS Agenda by increasing awareness of the devastating impact of MS on people’s lives, influencing decision-makers, and informing about the help, support and services the MS Society can provide.
The Website is intended only to be used by people who are 16 years old or older. If the user is aged under 16 the Website is intended to be used only with the supervision of an adult.
There are certain parts of the Website which can only be accessed and used if you are registered with us as a registered user. By registering or attempting to register with us as a registered user you represent and warrant to us that:
- you are aged 16 years old or older, or you are using the Website with the supervision of an adult; and
- your use of the Website is not in breach of any applicable laws or regulations.
Once registering with us as a registered user you will be asked to use a user name and a password. You will always be responsible for any access of or use of the Website Services made using your username and password. We recommend that your password is unique to this site with a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. For additional security change your password regularly. Do not allow someone else to access or use your account and do not access or use someone else’s account.
The use of the Website Services for gathering information for surveys and research studies or similar is prohibited unless prior permission has been given by the MS Society.
Your Use of the Website
We permit you to access and use the Website on the understanding that it is only available for your personal use and not for promotional or commercial use and that you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You may, for your personal use;
- retrieve and display content from the Website on a computer screen;
- print, but not photocopy, individual pages on paper; and/or
- store files in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network).
Any data, text, or photos and any other material of whatever type which you upload, post, link to or share in any way using the Website Services (“Your Content”) will be your responsibility and any rights (whether intellectual property rights or otherwise) in Your Content will remain owned by you at all times. By uploading, posting, linking to or sharing Your Content, you grant to us a licence which is worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free (and which includes the right to sub-licence or transfer the same to the extent required for operating the Website Services) allowing us to use, modify, publish, reproduce, store and distribute Your Content only in connection with the Website Services. This licence will terminate only if you remove Your Content from the Website, except that you agree that the licence will continue solely with respect to other users’ continued use of any of Your Content that you may have shared with or made available to them. You represent that you are entitled to grant this licence to us without being in breach of any applicable laws or regulations or the rights of anybody else.
You agree not to participate in any mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes damage or may cause damage to the MS Society or the Website, or any of the computer systems upon which the Website relies.
You must not send unsolicited messages for the purposes of advertising a product or service on the Website.
In consideration of the use of the Website Services, you agree unconditionally and irrevocably to waive in respect of Your Content, any moral rights to which you may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
We may, at our discretion, deactivate at any time an account which has been used to upload content (including usernames and passwords) which we believe to be:
- obscene, defamatory or libellous, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or in violation of any laws or good morals or practice;
- containing contact details of other individuals (emails, phone numbers, fax numbers or postal addresses) without the prior consent of those individuals;
- containing advertisements or references to products or services without our prior consent;
- excessive repetition of that content; or
- an infringement of another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and publicity).
Notwithstanding that at no time will we be obliged to pre-check the contents posted via the discussion system or commenting facilities. We make no guarantee nor representation as to the accuracy, integrity, timeliness or quality of information on the Website.
All material, content and trademarks or logos on the Website, except for Your Content, and all intellectual property rights in the same are owned by or licensed to the MS Society and are protected by the applicable intellectual property rights and laws.
Your Personal Information
Any content, advice, commentary or other materials which is made available on the Website does not form advice on which you should place reliance. The material is intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken in place of professional advice.
Use of the Website Services is entirely at your own risk.
The information contained on these pages is of a general nature and is intended to provide a public information service, free of charge. The information should not be relied upon or used without first confirming the accuracy of it with the MS Society.
Information on the Website is subject to change without prior notice. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information on the Website is complete, correct and up to date, this cannot be guaranteed and the MS Society shall not be liable whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of its use.
You will not acquire any rights, whether contractual, in tort or otherwise as a result of the information contained on the Website. The MS Society, its trustees, directors, employees, agents, officers and other persons connected with the creation, maintenance or dissemination of these pages will not be liable for any damage or loss, direct or indirect, occasioned by the use of the Website or the Website Services. Any contract for the supply of goods or provision of services concluded as a result of the publication of the information shall be subject to the standard terms and conditions of supply of the MS Society which will be provided at the time of conclusion of the contract. The MS Society expressly excludes all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law.
Third Party Websites
The Website may include links to websites of other parties as a result of automated search facilities, or associations of the MS Society, but these links do not mean that the MS Society endorses or in any way guarantees those third party websites or any of the goods or services offered on them.
Suspension of Access
The MS Society reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website and Website Services at any time, with or without notice or explanation.