MS Walk Cardiff
Join us on 23 May 2023 and walk, roll or stroll around Cardiff for life-changing MS research
Thank you so much to everyone who took part in MS Walk Cardiff 2022! We'll be back in Cardiff next year. So register your interest below to walk, roll or stroll alongside hundreds of others, all raising money to help stop MS.
Use the button below to register your interest to join us for MS Walk Cardiff next year. We'll be in touch as soon as registrations open
What to expect in 2023
With 1, 5 or 10km routes to choose from, there's something for everyone at MS Walk Cardiff. Starting and finishing in Bute Park, the routes passes some of Cardiff’s iconic landmarks such as Cardiff Castle, the Principality Stadium and Cardiff Bay.
Whichever route you do, you’ll be helping change the lives of people affected by MS - now and in the future. Register your interest today!
Check out our MS Walk Cardiff photos from this year's walk to see what it's like to take part!
The sooner you sign up the sooner we can start supporting you on your journey.
When you sign up for MS Walk Cardiff you'll receive:
- an MS Walk t-shirt
- a welcome pack with fundraising tips and materials
- support from our dedicated events team to help you hit your goal
How we're keeping you safe
Your health and safety remains our top priority, so we’ll continue to monitor government guidance and put measures in place to keep you all safe.
Here's how we'll keep you safe at your MS Walk:
We'll be splitting participants into waves to reduce congestion along the routes and in the start and finish area
There will be hand sanitiser provided at your event, which we encourage you to use before and after your walk
We'll be minimising what we hand out so please bring your own bottle of water with you and print off maps in advance if possible
What you can do to keep safe:
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone that has symptoms please do not attend your event.
Your entry fee helps cover the cost of putting on MS Walk, but unfortunately it won’t stop MS alone. That’s where you come in. We need you to raise as much money as possible for vital MS research.
We suggest that you set your fundraising target at £100 but whatever your target, and whatever you raise, you will be supporting life-changing MS research.
Here are a few simple steps to get started.
Set up a JustGiving page
Setting up a JustGiving page is the quickest and easiest way to kick-start your fundraising. You can set up an individual page or a team page and all fundraise together.
Personalise your fundraising page with pictures, updates and your reason for walking. You’re joining an incredible community from across the country and your story may inspire someone else to get involved or donate.
To get started, go to the MS Walk JustGiving page
Share it with everyone
Now that your Just Giving page is up and running, make sure you let everyone know about it. Ask people to donate to your page or maybe even get them to come along on the day and do the walk with you. The more people you talk to, the bigger your fundraising amount will be.
What to expect
What to bring to the event:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Breathable/waterproof clothing - be prepared for all weather!
- Bottle of water - water will be available but we recommend you bring your own as well
- Mobile phone/camera - make sure you take loads of photos to remember this fantastic day and share them with us and all of your friends
Volunteer at MS Walk
Join our team of MS Superstar volunteers and support everyone who is walking, rolling and strolling to stop MS. You will be part of an incredible team of volunteers who will be helping to make our MS Walks bigger and better than ever.
- General Volunteer - if you just want to get involved and aren’t worried about what jobs you are given this is the role for you.
- Rest area volunteer - there are rest areas along the routes and we need people to hand out water and snacks and make sure to cheer everyone on as they make their way around.
- Venue volunteer - this role will help with a variety of things including checking people in at the start of the day, handing out course maps at the start and medals at the finish, cheering walkers as they start and finish to name a few jobs.
Volunteer as a group
Volunteering can be more fun when you are surrounded by family and friends. If you want to help as part of a group, please let us know when you register and we will make sure you are all together. Please make sure every member signs up so we have all the information we need to look after all our wonderful volunteers.