Social isolation can be tough. Our new Befriending service gives you the opportunity to have a weekly phone call with your matched volunteer for 12 weeks.
We know from our research that loneliness and social isolation affect three in five people with MS.
That’s why we’ve launched our new befriending service, for anyone affected by MS, including carers, family and friends.
How does it work?
Once you’ve signed up, we’ll match you with one of our befriending volunteers. They’ll call you every week for 12 weeks to check in and see how you’re getting on, and you can chat about anything you want.
Sometimes just talking can make all the difference.
How do I sign up?
You can fill out the below registration form and we'll contact you to have a chat about it.
If you can't complete the form online you can call our MS Helpline on 0808 800 8000 between 9am and 7m, Monday to Friday (except for Bank Holidays).
If you have any questions before signing up for the befriending service, you can email us at [email protected].
What else do I need to know?
- You need to be over 18 to use the service.
- You'll receive weekly calls for 12 weeks but you can opt out at any time.
- Each call can last up to one hour each week.
- To opt out, email [email protected] or call our MS Helpline 0808 800 8000.
- We'll keep your personal data for 6 months.
- Your phone calls are confidential and won’t be recorded.