Mutual Support (Armed Forces)
Mutual Support exists for serving and ex-serving members of the Armed Forces and Reserves, their dependants and carers affected by MS.
It's run by volunteers with direct experience of MS and the Armed Forces and provides confidential support, information and advice. We specialise in help with war pensions, the Armed Forces Compensation scheme and general benefits.
Our trained Support Team can provide you with the support you need to deal with your situation.
We're at the end of the phone when you need to talk to someone.
They can also:
- Offer support around the time of diagnosis
- Give advice and assistance with applying for disability benefits
- Help you get what you need from health and social services
- Point you in the right direction for other help you might need
- Help you meet others in similar situations
- Mutual Support also fundraises, campaigns for better services and raises the profile of MS
- Advice and help with disability benefits, War Pension and AFCS claims
For more information or to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A standard information pack for all new contacts
- Regular newsletters including a mix of national news about MS and related issues
- Information events with MS specialist nurses, neurologists and other health professionals as speakers
- A dedicated area on the MS Society’s online forum
I speak to the welfare team regularly. It’s been such a help to know they are always at the end of the phone.