In the summer of 2018, world-renowned opera company, Opera Holland Park, held a special gala performance of La traviata to raise money for MS research. The performance was on June 19 in Londons' Holland Park.
What's La traviata about?
Giuseppe Verdi's La traviata is a story of first and last love, laced with some of the most famous arias and choruses ever written. It tells the tragic love story of a courtesan, Violetta and noble born Alfredo Germont. Played out against the hypocrisy of upper-class fashionable society, their love is put to the ultimate test.
The dramatic performance will be staged in a canopied theatre against the stunning backdrop of Holland House.
How can opera help stop MS?
All the money raised will go towards the Stop MS Appeal, getting us closer to our target of £100million for MS research.
Over the next ten years, the research it funds has potential to change the course of MS treatment and transform the quality of life for everyone living with MS.
Our competition to win a pair of tickets has closed, thanks to everyone who entered. And congratulations to Andy!
Ticket prices and booking
Tickets are from £40 each. Visit the Opera Holland Park website to buy tickets online for the performance, or by calling the box office on 0300 999 1000.
There are also supper packages available. Contact Claire at [email protected] for more information.
Gala opera raffle winners
Congratulations to all our lucky raffle winners!
Winning raffle numbers and prizes are as follows:
- Private dinner for 10 at 5 Hertford Street 2638
- Two night stay at II Principe di Savoia in Milan for 2 people 2106
- Lunch or dinner for 10 on-board Bluebird of Chelsea 1610
- Tour of Goldsmith’s Hall for 4 1638
- Lunch and tour for 2 people with renowned screen writer Abi Morgan 2405
- Lunch for 2 with Lesley Manville 2979
- One of a kind, blue enamel bracelet handmade by Benney 2621
- Dinner for 4 at Oswalds 0145
- Chocolate tasting for 8 0966
- Two tickets for a performance of the highly acclaimed cellist ‘2 cellos’ 0969
- Dinner for 2 at Hand and Flowers in Marlow 2054
- Dinner for 2 at Galvins at the Athenaeum 1854
- Framed limited edition Amedeo Modigiani print 0012
- Two tickets for Kinky Boots 1408
- Ettinger green zip leather purse 1859
- Ettinger black leather coat wallet 2559
- Ettinger black leather billfold and coin purse 1601
- Bonus ‘Star’ prize – Private recital 0309
Page updated July 2018