Volunteer Engagement and Communication Manager
- Volunteer Engagement and Communication Manager
- £40,002 - £45,455 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Closing date:
- 9am on Friday 22 January 2021
We make sure people living with MS are at the centre of everything we do. And it’s this commitment that unites us across the UK.
Our work is based on the hopes and aspirations of our MS community. Together we campaign at all levels, fund ground-breaking research and provide award winning support and information.
Our people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We offer a vibrant, progressive environment where you will make a difference.
In this role, you'll sit within our new Community Networks Team.
You'll be leading the Engagement and Communication Team, making sure we have a programme of engagement and communication across our volunteer network.
Using all appropriate channels, you'll be developing a two-way dialogue, ensuring our volunteer voice is heard, and that our volunteers understand our work, their roles, and have the skills and knowledge they need to succeed.
You'll make sure our communication with volunteers is coordinated, and that the volume, content and tone of communication is appropriate to volunteer and organisational needs.
You'll have experience of:
- working alongside end-users in the coproduction of services or activities, and a commitment to the principles of coproduction
- developing and implementing business plans across a team
- writing and editing copy to inform and inspire within a communication or customer relations environment
- delivering well designed training programmes that motivate and develop others
We offer 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays), travel loan and various other benefits such as supported developmental opportunities.
We're in the middle of an exciting, transformational period as we embark on our 5 year strategy. As part of this we'll be moving from our current National Centre in Cricklewood, North West london to a different location in London. We're currently defining where and what type of accommodation this will be, and we really want our staff to be involved in that decision.
Download more information
How to apply
- Send your cv and a covering letter to [email protected]
- Please tell us what set working hours per week you're currently interested in applying for.
- Remember to put the job title in the subject header. You can find it at the top of this page.
- When we get your application we'll send you an automatic email to confirm we've received it. We aim to inform you of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the deadline for applying.
Your covering letter
Your covering letter should tell us why you want this role and how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. If you're currently employed it would be helpful for us to know what your current salary is and how much notice you need to give your current employer.
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and to fair and transparent recruitment processes. So we'd be grateful if you'd complete our equal opportunity monitoring form. It's for our monitoring purposes only. The selection panel will not see it at any stage of the selection process
We're a Disability Confident employer. If you consider yourself disabled, we hope you will feel able to tell us about any adjustments you need if invited for interview. And any adjustments you might need to your working environment if you came to work for us.