Financial support

Taking a break when you’re living with MS can sometimes end up costing more, especially if you’ve got care and accessibility needs. 

There are a few ways you can get help with paying for your break. 

If you’re eligible for social care funding

As a person with MS or carer, you may be eligible to get support from social services. This will require an assessment of your needs.

If you are eligible for support, you may be able to use your funding package to help pay for short breaks and respite care. 

Find out more about social care funding, including personal budgets and direct payments

Back to top

If you’re not eligible but still need financial support

Our Health and Wellbeing Fund provides grants for people with MS and carers for breaks and respite care. Find out more about our grants by contacting the Grants Team on 0300 500 8084 or email

Other charities and trusts may be able to help financially, or run their own holiday schemes. Tourism for All’s Guide to financial help towards the cost of a holiday or respite break highlights lots of organisations. Some of them are below.

Back to top

For carers

Local carers’ centres may provide grants for carers to take a respite break. Find your local carers’ centre here.

Back to top

It allowed my husband and I to have a holiday that was a break from the daily routine
Related content

What's new?