MS Walk Belfast
As it stands, MS Walk Belfast is still going ahead as planned on Sunday 26 September. However, we are monitoring the situation closely and will be in touch if anything changes.
Choose from 1, 5 or 10 miles and be part of our fantastic team walking, rolling and strolling to stop MS.
Sunday 13 September 2020 - 12:00 PM
Adults £10, under 18s £5, under 5s free
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02890802802
Get on board with MS Walk Belfast
When you sign up for MS Walk Belfast we'll give you:
- an MS Walk t-shirt
- a welcome pack with fundraising tips and materials
- support from our dedicated events team to help you hit your goal
- a post walk celebration for all the family.
Register for MS Walk Belfast
We suggest you set your fundraising target at £100 but whatever you raise, you'll be supporting life-changing MS research.
Here's 3 steps to get started.
- Set up a JustGiving page. You can set up an individual page or a team page and all fundraise together
- Personalise your page with pictures, updates and your reason for walking. You’re joining an incredible community from across the country and your story may inspire someone else to get involved or donate
- Share the heck out of it. Your JustGiving page is the quickest and easiest way to share your story and kick-start your fundraising. You can ask people to donate to your page or maybe even get them to come along on the day and do the walk with you. The more people you talk to, the bigger your fundraising amount will be.
We've made this handy checklist to help you on the day.
Checklist for the day
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Breathable/waterproof clothing - be prepared for all weather!
- Bottle of water - we will have water available, but we recommend you bring your own as well
- Phone/camera - make sure you take loads of photos to remember your fantastic day. Share them with all your friends (and us too please!) using #MSWalk and tagging our social media accounts
- Cash - there’ll be lots of merchandise and refreshments for you to buy so come prepared!
Ways to get involved
- General volunteer: If you just want to help out and aren’t worried about what jobs you do this is the role for you.
- Rest area volunteer: Based at rest areas along the route, these volunteers hand out water, snacks and cheers to all our walkers, rollers, and strollers
- Venue volunteer: These people are based at the start and finish lines. They help with things like checking people in, handing out course maps and medals, and cheering walkers over the start and finish lines.
Volunteer as a group
Volunteering can be more fun when you're surrounded by family and friends. If you want to help as part of a group, please let us know when you register and we'll make sure you're all together. Do check all your team members sign up, so we have all the information we need to look after everyone on the day.
Get your company involved
All the money we raise from MS Walk Belfast in 2020 will go to the Stop MS Appeal. If you'd like your organisation to be a part of that there's a few ways to get involved:
- enter or volunteer as a team
- offer products in kind for walkers to sample
- provide a rest area for walkers on the route
- become an MS Walk sponsor or corporate partner
Get in touch if you'd like to know more
The next research breakthrough is in reach
Your donation will help stop MS.
£30could process one blood sample, giving researchers crucial information about genes and the immune system.
£50could pay for an hour on a microscope, so scientists can study cells and tissue in greater detail and improve their understanding of the biology of MS.
£100could pay for half an hour of MRI use, so researchers can monitor the success of clinical trials and understand MS in more detail.
Every penny you give really does take us a step closer to stopping MS. Your donation will make a difference.
£10a month could pay for lab equipment like microscope slides to study the building blocks of MS
£20a month could pay for lab equipment like petri dishes to grow bacteria important for studying genetics
£30a month could process a blood sample to help us understand what causes MS, so we can stop it in its tracks
Your regular donation means we can keep funding world class MS research with confidence. Together we will stop MS.