The 2.6 Challenge
Could you juggle for 2.6 minutes? Or do 26 laps of your garden dressed as a bee? Take on the 2.6 Challenge and help us be there for someone with MS during the pandemic.
Fundraising events across the country have had to be postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. But that doesn't mean fundraising has stopped - it's just got more creative!
With the 2.6 Challenge you get to create your very own fundraising challenge. And you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
More people than ever are relying on our support. Calls to our free MS Helpline have increased significantly and, since we can’t meet face to face, we're having to move fast to create new services online. But we can't do it alone. Take on the 2.6 Challenge and help support people with MS through this crisis.
How do I take part?
- Set up your JustGiving fundraising page
- Decide on your challenge and update your fundraising page with the details of what you’re planning to do
- Spread the word - ask your friends and family to sponsor you
- Complete your challenge, either on 26 April or on a date of your choice
- Don’t forget to share a photo of your challenge on social media using the hashtag #twopointsixchallenge and tag @mssocietyuk
What kind of challenges can I do?
The challenge can be anything you like! Here are a few of our favourite ideas to help get you started:
- Walk (or wheel, run, roll, skip, scoot, or hop) 2.6 miles (or for 26 minutes, or 26 laps of your garden)
- Invite 26 people to join you in a virtual workout for 26 minutes
- Challenge your family to be silent for 26 minutes
- Juggle for 2.6, or 26 (…!) minutes
For loads more challenge ideas go to the 2.6 Challenge website.
Remember to stay safe and stick within the government’s guidelines: exercise once a day, practise social distancing, and avoid meeting people outside your household.