Help for carers in Wales
The following should be provided to all carers:
- information about medication given to the person they care for and potential side effects
- general or specific information on the treatment of the person they care for
- accessible information about appropriate local and national support including respite care, Direct Payments and independent advocacy
- information about the follow up care and hospital discharge arrangements
- signposting to local carers groups and providing information about crisis support
The local carers strategies aim to improve information and involve carers in the treatment and support of the person with MS who they care for.