Social care: getting support from your council (booklet for Wales)

If you have MS, or look after someone who does, social care services can help you live a more independent life. The 2016 Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act brought in changes to social care. They give you more control and choice over the care and support services you can get from your local council.

This booklet guides you through social care, what services are available for people with MS and carers, as well as how you pay for them.

You can also get this booklet in Welsh. For a large print version, please contact us: 020 8438 0999

This booklet covers social care in Wales. We also have booklets covering social care in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.