Questions about MS? Call us on 0808 800 8000

Social care: getting support from your council (booklet for England)

If you have MS, or look after someone who does, social care services can help you live a more independent life. The 2014 Care Act brought in changes to social care that give you more control and choice over the care and support services you can get from your local council.

It’s not always easy to get the right support or understand how the system works.

This booklet guides you through social care, what services are available for people with MS and carers, as well as how you pay for them.

The guide explains things like 'care and support plans', 'personal budgets' and 'direct payments'. It also offers tips on preparing for the assessment you have before you can get social care services.

This booklet covers social care in England. We also have booklets covering social care in Wales (with a Welsh language version also available), Northern Ireland and Scotland.

For a large print version, please email us at [email protected] or call 020 8438 0999

Social Care England Mar 2017 booklet MSS

Urgent appeal: Help us be there for everyone with MS

Urgent appeal: Help us be there for everyone with MS

Donate now
Donation type