Occupational Therapy and MS

Occupational therapists (OTs) work in health and social care. They can support you to manage a range of physical, mental or emotional symptoms.

For example, an OT can suggest making changes to your physical environment, or altering the way you do a task, or show you how to relearn to do something.

They can also address other needs such as housing adaptations or, if required, address any re-housing issues.

This leaflet describes the help they can give and how to find an OT.

More about our publications

Photo: Man with MS getting information at MS Life

About our publications

We take pride in providing MS information you can trust.
Find out more about our information
Photo: Woman on laptop

Order a publication

You can order physical copies of one or more of our booklets in our online shop. If you need any help, email shop@mssociety.org.uk and we'll do our best to answer your questions.
Order publications online
Photo: Selection of MS information booklets and MS Society flags

Review our publications

We're always looking for volunteer reviewers to help us plan and create new information, and improve our existing information.
Email us to find out more