The other morning l awoke to flashes of sparkling light in my peripheral vision. I groaned, assuming some MS nonsense was kicking off.
A good few minutes later, l realised l was still partially dressed in last night's clothes following a fabulous festive night out. And hadn't removed the copious amounts of glittery eyeshadow, which was now plastered down my face and had fallen onto my eyelashes... Ahem!
So, my new years resolution: 'I MUST REMEMBER THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS DOWN TO MS!'
Which l probably should have learned by now after ignoring symptoms which turned out to be an under active thyroid, gall stones and coeliac disease.
Oh, and carbon monoxide (co2) poisoning - from which l was thankfully saved by the co2 alarm. I'd just assumed l had very bad fatigue and was having 'a rough MS-y patch'. (Errrm, nope!)
And of course, just occasionally, 'symptoms' are caused by glitter.