Improving Quality of Life for people with MS
The Improving Quality of Life (IQL) service aims to help you improve your emotional wellbeing and financial security.
It’s funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and is delivered in partnership with Citizens Advice Manchester.
What can we help with?
You'll be matched with one of our volunteers who can provide support and information on a range of topics, including:
- Finances - financial, benefits and debt advice, benefits health checks or support with housing issues
- Independence - to help you be as independent as possible, including applying for an MS Society grant where this is an option
- Employment - support to stay in/return to work or help with an employer who doesn’t understand MS
- Wellbeing - improving your wellbeing by linking you with local groups who can provide opportunities for you to meet other people with MS
How do I access the service?
If you have MS you can access the service by emailing Mark Pritchard at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling him on 07920 429 477.
You can also contact Mark if you’re a front line worker or health professional who feels the project could benefit one of your clients.
Who can access the service?
You can access the service if you have MS and pay your council tax (where applicable) to either Bolton, Salford or Manchester Local Authority.
Volunteer for the project
Volunteers play a vital role in delivering this project, helping to signpost people with MS to appropriate advice and support them in the process.
If you are interested in volunteering with the project please follow the link below.
Apply to be an Information and Support Volunteer
Where can I go for more information?
To find out more about the project please contact:
- Mark Pritchard at email@example.com or 07920 429 477
- Mia Tamarin at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 0208 438 0815.