Improving Quality of Life for people with MS
We’ve launched a new service to support people living with MS in Bolton, Salford and Manchester.
COVID-19 update - Benefits Webinars and Time to Chat sessions
COVID-19 is affecting us all, but it brings particular challenges to people living with MS.
That’s why we’re putting on a range of new online talks where you can meet other people and access information. These include:
- ‘Time to chat’ sessions where you can connect with other people for a virtual chat, share experiences and discuss different topics
- a series of information webinars about living well with MS, such as wellbeing and mindfulness
- a series of information webinars relating to financial security, including benefits, debt, employment and housing (e.g. applying for Universal Credit or Personal Independence Payments).
There's s also an opportunity for you to book a one-to-one telephone appointment with Citizens Advice Manchester, to look at your individual needs and circumstances and to check you are receiving the correct benefits.
If you'd like to tweet about these sessions please use:
Are you a #GM resident and living with #ms. Want to join our #IQL4ms @manchestercab @mssociety online Time to Chat or Benefits Advice sessions? To book visit https://bit.ly/30xuWhW
What is the Improving Quality of Life Project?
The project aims to support people with MS in Greater Manchester to improve emotional wellbeing and financial security. It’s funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and is delivered in partnership with Citizens Advice Manchester.
What can we help with?
- Finance - financial advice, debt and benefits advice or support with your housing queries
- Employment - supporting you to stay in/return to work or help with an employer who doesn’t understand MS
- Independence - enabling you to be as independent and mobile as possible, including applying for an MS Society grant for equipment
- Wellbeing - linking you with other people with MS via our online chats or local groups who can provide information on services and opportunities in your area
- Counselling - helping you access and covering the costs of up to 6 counselling sessions
Volunteer for the project
Volunteers play a vital role in delivering this project, helping to signpost people with MS to appropriate advice and support.
How do I get help or find out more?
If you're living with MS, are a front line worker or health professional who feels that the project could benefit one of your clients, please contact: