There are some great websites and resources that can help make your search easier - you can even search some of them by your specific accessibility need.
Where to find accessible accommodation, venues and destinations
Some useful starting points when looking for accessible places to go or stay are:
- Open Britain, a directory of accessible accommodation and tourism attractions in Britain.
- Disabled Go provides detailed accessibility information about venues which have been independently-assessed by their team of surveyors.
- Tourism for All has an online directory of member organisations who promote accessible tourism. This includes accommodation providers in the UK and abroad.
- Shared Care Scotland has information about accessible accommodation for short breaks in Scotland.
- Holidays in the British Isles, a guide for people who want to take accessible short breaks in Britain, published by Disability Rights UK. Order the book from the online shop or phone 020 7250 3222.
- Euan's Guide has access reviews for attractions, accommodation and leisure facilities across the UK. You can also select access needs to narrow down your search, and leave your own reviews.
- Jumbulance Trust is an accessible travel charity for adults and children who are disabled or have a serious or complex health condition.
Where to hire equipment
Some organisations where you can buy or hire equipment on a short term basis are: