Become a National Council member
Council members are a vital link to and from local groups, members and the wider community of people living with MS. They report to the MS Society Board.
They are here to offer local perspective to the Board’s UK wide strategy, ensuring that voices from across the UK are heard at a national level.
We currently have:
- three vacancies for the Cymru Council
- six vacancies for the England Council (Cheshire and Merseyside; Wessex and West; East Midlands; Herts, Essex and Beds; West Midlands and Thames Valley).
- one vacancy on the Northern Ireland Council.
- eight vacancies on the Scotland Council.
What you’ll do
You will attend Council meetings four times a year. You will also be involved in other local and regional events.
For more information about becoming a council member please contact the relevant person below for an application pack. Please also note the interview dates.:
- Cymru: email email@example.com or call 029 2167 8921. Interviews are currently scheduled to take place on Monday 22, and possibly, Tuesday 23 May.
- England: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8438 0757. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 May.
- Northern Ireland: email email@example.com or call 028 9080 2815. Interviews will take place on Friday 26 May.
- Scotland: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 335 4062. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 May.
Applications close on Tuesday 2 May at 9am.
Elections will take place during August and early September, with results announced on the day of the AGM, Saturday 23 September.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 020 8827 0470