Annual report and accounts 2011
The annual report gives a summary of how the MS Society has performed in 2011 and a projected glimpse of the future.
Within the report, you’ll find breakdowns of work we have done in 2011, in areas including:
- Research - £4.8m was spent on research.
- Information and education -14,073 called the MS Helpline.
- Support - Over £230,000 was awarded to families for respite care, family holidays, MS-related equipment and transport.
- Raising standards of care - 5,000 members of our campaigns community signed petitions and wrote to MPs.
- Leading the MS agenda - 8,000 attended the Hardest Hit rally, the biggest campaign march by disabled people in living memory.
- Funding the strategy - £1,250,000 was raised by our runners in events across the UK.
- Inspiring volunteers - around the UK, there are 9,000 volunteers making a huge difference to the lives of people with MS.