Self-management course - Camelon (6 Friday evenings)
Self-management courses can help you manage MS more effectively, using techniques such as exercise, relaxation, problem solving and sharing experiences with others.
Every week for 6 weeks until 18 May.
Who are the courses for?
Courses are open to people with MS and, where spaces are available, to people with any other long term health condition, male or female. Your must be 18 years old or over to attend.
What will I learn on a course?
- Techniques to help you manage fatigue and pain and any other symptoms
- Techniques to help you deal with problems such as frustration, anger, depression and other emotional changes
- Ways to help you relax
- How to communicate more effectively with your family and friends, doctor and other health care professionals
- How to take care of your health - such as taking your medicine, exercising and changing your diet
- Looking at appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- How to plan for the future and get the most out of life
How are the courses run?
All courses are led by trained volunteers who have a long term health condition themselves. There is a maximum of 15 participants per course. Each course runs for six weeks in weekly sessions lasting two and a half hours.
How do I book?
Please contact Ailsa on 0131 335 4050 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org