A challenge like no other
A once in a lifetime opportunity to dog sled in the Arctic Circle
- Sign up by clicking on the button on this page.
- When you have secured a place complete our short form to order your welcome pack.
- Registration fee - £550
- Minimum sponsorship - £4,225
- Pay £2,449 (£550 registration fee and £1,899 balance due eight weeks before departure)
- Minimum sponsorship – as much as you can raise
Sledding from northern Norway, crossing the Swedish border, you will drive your own team of spirited huskies 250km across the frozen wilderness of the arctic.
Teamwork will be vital as you camp in temperatures as low as -20°C and experience 14 hour days. However, your hard work will be rewarded with a visit to the world famous Ice Hotel, and the chance to see the incredible Northern Lights.
Siobhan Gilmour, MS Society trustee, is taking on this spectacular challenge in 2013. Would you like to follow in her footsteps? Siobhan, who has MS, says:
"I am extremely excited (and nervous) about the challenge ahead. It is going to be a very special trip in the 60th year of the MS Society!"
Your package for this event includes:
- Return flights from London to Tromso with transfers
- All meals except the celebratory meal on the last day
- Experienced English speaking guides
- An MS Society representative who will be fully participating!
- Equipment including tents, snow boots, thermal suit and sleeping bag. Download the dog sledding kit list to find out more
"The whole week was an amazing test of endurance against the elements, but I can honestly say that we had an incredible time."