Access to specialists and medicines (Scotland)
We know there is a postcode lottery in being able to access MS specialists and medicines.
Having regular access to healthcare professionals means people can better manage their condition and make an informed decision about medicines and other strategies.
Despite having Clinical Standards for Neurology in place covering what services and information should be offered to people with MS, we know that the standards aren't always being met and further action is needed.
We're fighting for
- Everyone with MS to be offered a regular review with their neurology team.
- Every Health Board in Scotland to fully implement the Clinical Standards for Neurology (published in 2009).
- Fair access to licensed MS medicines.
- Better information for patients about MS medicines.
What we're doing
- We launched our Treat Me Right campaign in 2014 which calls for better access to MS medicines, the specialists who prescribe them, and information to help people with MS to decide what's right for them.
- We are working with MSPs and Health Boards to make the implementation of the Clinical Standards for Neurology a reality.
Tell us your experiences of accessing MS specialists or medicines by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on campaigning in Scotland, call 0131 335 4050 or email email@example.com
19 Sep 2014
03 Jan 2013
06 Aug 2012
01 May 2012
16 Mar 2012