Access to Specialists and Medicines (Scotland)
We know there is a postcode lottery in neing able to access MS specialists and medicines. Having regular access to healthcare professionals means people can better manage their condition and make an informed decision about medicines and other strategies.
Despite having Clinical Standards for Neurology in place covering what services and information should be offered to people with MS, we know that the standards aren't always being met and further action is needed.
We're fighting for
- Everyone with MS to be offered a 6-monthly review withtheir neurology team.
- Every Health Board in Scotland to fully implement the Clinical Standards for Neurology (published in 2009).
- Better information for patients about MS medicines.
What we're doing
- In May 2013 we published our recommendations for improving accessing to specialists and medicines and launched a campaign to Stop the MS Lottery of treatment and care.
- We are working with MSPs and Health Boards to make the implementation of the Clinical Standards for Neurology a reality.
Tell us about your experiences of accessing MS specialists or medicines.
For more information on campaigning in Scotland, call 0131 335 4050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
03 Jan 2013
06 Aug 2012
01 May 2012
16 Mar 2012
16 Dec 2011