Our work in government
We make sure that politicians across the UK understand the issues affecting people living with MS.
Policies in every nation need to reflect the needs of people with MS, so we work closely with politicians in the UK Parliament, Welsh Assembly, Scottish Parliament and Northern Ireland Assembly to influence these policies. We do this through:
- One-to-one meetings with politicians and other policy makers
- Producing briefings on policies affecting people with MS
- Drafting parliamentary and Prime Minister’s questions (PQs and PMQs)
- Working in coalition with other groups to lobby
- Administering and working closely with the All-Party Parliamentary Group for MS in the UK Parliament
We work with a group of parliamentary supporters who are committed to tackling MS issues - the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Multiple Sclerosis (APPG).
The group is made up of 44 MPs and peers who help to make sure that MS issues are high on the government’s agenda.
- Chair: Lord Dubs
- Vice-Chairs: Stephen Lloyd MP and David Amess MP
- Treasurers: Pamela Nash MP