The main aim of our forums is to provide a safe forum for people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS) to share experiences and help each other cope with the challenges of living with MS and life in general. Please be supportive, welcoming and friendly to all users, and bear in mind that many individuals may be new to the forums or new to MS.
Our moderators are volunteers and are not able to engage in private conversation concerning posts. If you see something that offends you or that you feel moderators should be made aware of, please report it.
- personal attacks, or posts that are rude, aggressive, inflammatory, hateful, threatening or incite violence
- spam [this includes placing the same or similar post on more than one forum].
- posting content which may be subject to copyright. Please use links instead – lengthy posts cause problems for visually impaired people with screen readers
- purposeful hijacking of threads in order to pursue an accusatory or antagonistic agenda
- posts that promote false claims about MS or the MS Society or promote products/services related to treatment of MS
- abusing the facility to post anonymously. Anon posts can be used for sensitive topics and issues but should not be used as a platform for personal attacks or breaking any other rules.
- multiple posts on the same subject – keep contributions to a reasonable level, as multiple posts from one individual, or small number of individuals, discourages many others who might otherwise wish to take part
- extreme profanities – people of all ages and backgrounds read and contribute to these forums
- posts with personal information including address, telephone numbers, email address etc – this is for your safety
- posts which impersonate another person
- reproducing messages that have been sent privately on the forums or by email.
If behaviour falls outside of the accepted guidelines, posts may be removed or edited, and individuals permanently banned from the forums.