Hello everyone, I hope you are all as well as can be!
I was diagnosed in the latter parts of 2010 after having symptoms for 3-4 years. I started on copaxone and then transferred to betaferon, I've been pestered (for my own good I presume!) to change to second line treatment by three neurologists in the space of three weeks, I did decline Tysabri before starting the betaferon as I was worried with the PML risk.
My consultant reckons my MS is quite aggressive and suggests I should change over, but I'm obviously worried! I don't have much support around me and I'm still fairly young (just turned 20), my father passed away from a cardiac arrest for an unknown reason leaving me very worried about the fingolimod. It seems I must make a decision soon as things are going very quick!
If anyone has any advice or tips on making this decision I would be very grateful.
I have received a result of negative from the JC virus blood test, which if only made things simpler it hasn't!
Thank you very much.