AGM 2015 - Voting
You are eligible to vote if you were a paid up member of the Multiple Sclerosis Society on 20 June 2015 (13 weeks before the AGM).
Each member who is eligible to vote will receive an AGM booklet and voting papers around 6 August. It shows your membership number and your two-part security code, which you will need for online voting.
You don’t have to attend the meeting to vote – in fact the vast majority of voting members do not attend in person. You can choose one of four different ways to cast your vote, whichever is the most convenient for you:
To complete your vote online go to www.votebyinternet.com/mssocagm2015 and follow the instructions. You will need the security code on the printed voting paper sent to you – it identifies you as a member of MS Society.
Please submit your online vote by 11am on Thursday 17 September 2015.
As well as being quick and convenient, online voting saves us the cost of postage, leaving this money to be spent on our work. If we have your email address then we will email you with a link for online voting.
Vote by post
To vote by post please fill out the voting form sent to you by post or ask a trusted person to do this for you following your instructions. You can post your voting form either:
- using the freepost envelope sent to you or
- by sending to Electoral Reform Services at The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London N8 0NW
Both will be delivered to Electoral Reform Services, but if you use a stamp we will save money on postage.
Please ensure that you post your form in good time to reach Electoral Reform Services, by 11am on Thursday 17 September 2015. Remember, your vote won’t count if you haven’t signed the form.
Vote in person at the AGM
If you want to come to the AGM and vote in person on the day, please complete the registration form or call 020 8438 0891.
Please bring your voting papers with you to the AGM. You can ask another member to help you complete these papers if required.
Vote by proxy at the AGM
You can nominate another person - known as a proxy – to come to the AGM on your behalf to exercise any or all of your rights to attend, speak and vote.
If you want to do this, you need to fill out a proxy nomination form to let us know who is coming in your place. Download your nomination form.
Send your completed nomination form to email@example.com or to the Governance Officer, MS National Centre, 372 Edgware Road, London NW2 6ND by 3pm on 7 September 2015.
You are being asked to vote for or against the following:
- AGM resolutions - This year there are two resolutions, both proposed and recommended by the Board of Trustees
- The election for three vacancies on the Board of Trustees
- The election of National Council members if you live in Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or certain regions of England
Trustees and National Council members will then be appointed for a three year period starting from 1 January 2016. These are the senior volunteers who will lead the MS Society in the fight to ‘beat MS’.
For information about the current Trustees and National Council members please visit the How we are run section of our website.
- Voting opens: Thursday 6 August 2015
- Proxy nomination forms returned to MS Society (if you are sending another person to the AGM to vote on your behalf): 3pm Monday 7 September 2015
- Online voting closes: 11am Thursday 17 September 2015
- Postal voting closes: 11am Thursday 17 September 2015
- AGM and announcement of results: Saturday 19 September 2015
All voting will be conducted by Electoral Reform Services (ERS) who act as an independent scrutineer and ensure that our voting is fair.
If you have any questions for the Board or about the resolutions, how to vote or on the AGM please contact:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 020 8827 0470
If you have questions unrelated to the AGM or governance, please email email@example.com